Xylitol Poisoning

      Comments Off on Xylitol Poisoning

It’s always important to remember that just because we can eat something it doesn’t mean our dogs can. Xylitol is a natural sugar-substitute found in many sugarless gums and candies (as well as some toothpastes, among other products) that’s good for people but extremely toxic for dogs. The article Xylitol Poisoning gives a quick overview of the symptoms of you might see if your dog has ingested Xylitol.

If you suspect your dog might have eaten a product containing Xylitol, please call your veterinarian or an animal emergency clinic IMMEDIATELY!.